Wedding Photography Contract
ENTIRE AGREEMENT: This agreement contains the entire understanding between STEVE HUDSON PHOTOGRAPHY and THE CLIENT. It supersedes all prior and simultaneous agreements between the parties. It is mutually agreed that the following terms of agreement form an integral part of this contract and that no variation or modification of this contract shall be effective unless accepted by both STEVE HUDSON PHOTOGRAPHY and THE CLIENT, in writing.
1. INITIAL PAYMENT: Upon completion and sending the document, STEVE HUDSON PHOTOGRAPHY will reserve the time and date agreed upon and will not make other reservations for that time and date. For this reason, an initial payment of the booking fee is non-refundable if the wedding is cancelled for any reason; including acts of God, fire, strike and/or extreme weather. The initial payment is to be paid at time of signing the contract. The initial payment is applied towards the contracted wedding photography package – Weddings that are postponed to a later date will retain the fee as long as the photographer is available to re-schedule for the new date and time.
2. BALANCE: THE CLIENT understands and agrees that the remaining amount owed for the wedding photography package described in the contract is due according to the provided invoice. Payment for albums or additional album photographs, prints & frames shall be made after the wedding at the time of ordering.
3a. CREATIVE LICENCE: STEVE HUDSON PHOTOGRAPHY shall be granted creative and artistic license in relation to the choice of locations and poses used. Judgement on photographic style and the number of photographs taken shall be deemed correct. Due to changes of the weather and the availability and willingness of subjects STEVE HUDSON PHOTOGRAPHY will do their best to honour any requested photographs but do not undertake to guarantee any specific picture nor incorporate any specific background, location or group arrangement.
On its own behalf, and on behalf of the subject, THE CLIENT acknowledges that they are familiar with STEVE HUDSON PHOTOGRAPHY’s portfolio and are requesting services with knowledge of STEVE HUDSON PHOTOGRAPHY's style; that STEVE HUDSON PHOTOGRAPHY's work is constantly evolving; that STEVE HUDSON PHOTOGRAPHY’s services are of unique and artistic nature; that the photos may be different from photographs taken by STEVE HUDSON PHOTOGRAPHY in the past; and that in creating the photos, STEVE HUDSON PHOTOGRAPHY shall use his personal artistic judgment to create images consistent with his personal vision of the event.
3b. EDITING: STEVE HUDSON PHOTOGRAPHY will provide a pleasing colour balance and enhance the images as he see's fit, but cannot guarantee exact colour matching. Owing to anomalous reflectance caused by a combination of certain dyes and materials, especially man-made fibres, it is sometimes impossible to record on film/digital media the exact colour of materials as seen by the human eye.
3c. COOPERATION: The parties agree to positive cooperation and communication for the best possible result within the definition of this assignment. STEVE HUDSON PHOTOGRAPHY is not responsible for key individuals’ failure to be present or to cooperate during photography sessions, neither for missed images due to details not revealed to STEVE HUDSON PHOTOGRAPHY.
4. HOUSE RULES: The guidelines of the ceremony official and the reception site management limit STEVE HUDSON PHOTOGRAPHY. THE CLIENT agrees to accept the technical results of their imposition on the photographer. Negotiation with the officials for moderation of guidelines is THE CLIENT’S responsibility; STEVE HUDSON PHOTOGRAPHY will offer technical recommendations only.
5. EXCLUSIVITY: STEVE HUDSON PHOTOGRAPHY shall be the sole professional (still) photographer at the venues specified unless otherwise agreed beforehand. I do however positively encourage family, friends, and other guests to take photographs throughout the day.
6. COPYRIGHT LAW: The copyright of photographs remains with STEVE HUDSON PHOTOGRAPHY. STEVE HUDSON PHOTOGRAPHY grants THE CLIENT permission to make copies and prints of the images under the following conditions. The images taken by STEVE HUDSON PHOTOGRAPHY are for personal use by THE CLIENT and their friends and relatives. Sale, Publication or any Commercial use of the photographs is not allowed without prior written permission from STEVE HUDSON PHOTOGRAPHY.
THE CLIENT must obtain written permission from and compensate STEVE HUDSON PHOTOGRAPHY prior to an event where THE CLIENT, THE CLIENT’S friends or relatives publish or sell the photographs for profit.
7. MODEL RELEASE: THE CLIENT hereby grants STEVE HUDSON PHOTOGRAPHY the irrevocable and unrestricted right to use and publish photographs of THE CLIENT or in which THE CLIENT may be included for editorial, trade, advertising or any other purpose and in any manner and/or medium considered standard by the wedding industry. Such mediums/purposes include, but are not limited to: advertising, internet promotion, photographic contests, public displays, photography books, wedding blogs, studio display, sample wedding albums, and any other use thought proper by STEVE HUDSON PHOTOGRAPHY and considered standard by the wedding industry. At the wedding, it is the client’s responsibility to notify guests of this unrestricted use; that attending the wedding acts as a model release.
8. PERSONAL INJURY: Any directions issued to clients, their guests or employees during a wedding shoot are deemed to be at said persons own risk. The photographer cannot be held responsible for any personal accidents during a wedding shoot.
9. FORCE MAJEURE: STEVE HUDSON PHOTOGRAPHY makes every effort to produce the highest quality photographs possible, including using professional grade equipment, professional grade backup equipment, and making multiple backup copies of images. However, in the unlikely event of total photographic failure, injury or sickness beyond STEVE HUDSON PHOTOGRAPHY’s control, liability shall be limited to a full refund of all monies paid, including the retainer. The limit of liability shall not exceed the contract price stated herein. The limit of liability for a partial loss of originals shall be a prorated amount of the exposures lost based on the percentage of total number of originals. Your statutory rights are not affected. STEVE HUDSON PHOTOGRAPHY has full Public Liability, and Professional Indemnity Insurance.
10. PHOTOGRAPHERS CANCELLATION: In the unlikely event that STEVE HUDSON PHOTOGRAPHY has to cancel this contract for reasons beyond his control, (death, injury, sickness, or other circumstances beyond the control of the photographer etc.) a substitute photographer of high qualifications, similar skill, style, pricing, and product offerings may be sent to fulfil the obligations of the photographer herein contracted. If a substitute photographer is provided, THE CLIENT has the right to refuse to accept the substitute photographer and may instead terminate this agreement and receive a full refund of all monies paid.
11. CLIENT CANCELLATION: The Client may cancel this contract any time after it has been signed by sending written notice to STEVE HUDSON PHOTOGRAPHY. If the written notification is received more than 120 days before the date the wedding is due to take place then The Photographer will reimburse The Client any monies paid, except for the Booking Fee as per Clause 1 of this agreement.
If the written notice of cancellation is received within 120 days of the due wedding date, then the amount of the total price that The Photographer shall be entitled to is calculated in accordance with the table below (detailing the amount STEVE HUDSON PHOTOGRAPHY is entitled to)
Days until the Wedding Day
0-30 days = 100%, 31-60 days = 75%, 61-90 days = 50%, 90-120 days = 25%, 121+ days = 0%
12. COMPLETION SCHEDULE: Digital processing takes approximately 4-6 weeks for weddings. When STEVE HUDSON PHOTOGRAPHY is finished processing the client’s photos, they will be uploaded to an online gallery and/or delivered to THE CLIENT according to the specifics of THE CLIENT’s purchased photography package.
13. AMENDMENTS: This contract has been freely negotiated and shall be recognized as the entirety of the agreement. Only those changes or modifications specifically placed in writing, attached, dated and signed by the client and STEVE HUDSON PHOTOGRAPHY at the time of acceptance of this contract shall be recognized as amendments to this contract.
14. COMPLAINTS PROCEDURE: Please address any complaints to STEVE HUDSON PHOTOGRAPHY either by E-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) or in writing to Steve Hudson Photography, 107 West Street, Burgess Hill, West Sussex, RH15 8PG.
15. GOVERNING LAW: This agreement shall be governed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.